A List Of Great Ethical Essay Topics To Consider
The study of ethics and moral situations is not a new one. Sociologists would state that even in a society where every man woman and child lived to impossibly high standards of behavior, some form of infraction would exist and by comparison with the behavior of others, those who engaged in it would seem impossibly low.
Regardless of the type of society one was born into, the idea of morality will be one that draws attention. You can look at it from almost infinite directions and find new ways of addressing it each time. This can make the process of topic selection harder. What should you write on and how should you approach your essay? Here are a few great concepts you can use as a starting point until you come up with your own.
- Should violent offenders be incarcerated or executed when the possibility of rehabilitation is low?
- Should Prostitution be legalized?
- Should the right to die be enshrined in law?
- Do parents who lack abusive tendencies have the right to discipline their children using corporal punishment?
- Is the consumption of the flesh of other creatures moral?
- Bearing in mind the current state of the planet Earth, should humans consider the colonization of the rest of the galaxy?
- Do rich nations have an ethical obligation to welcome refugees of other countries whose economies they may have damaged beyond repair?
- Should the right to consume intoxicants and hallucinogens be enshrined in law?
- Should parents who allow or encourage their children to become super morbidly obese be treated as child abusers and suffer the full penalties under law?
- Does the preservation of a country’s culture take precedence over the rights of its new immigrants to conserve their old way of life on new soil?
- Is the concept of land ownership unethical as posited by Rousseau?
- Should people be encouraged to limit population growth until the human population matches that which the planet can sustainably maintain?
- Should people be allowed to engage in hunting for the sole purpose of entertainment?
- Is the compulsory education system as it appears in many countries a form of immoral mental control over children?
- Are members of oppressed minority groups kept back by policies which encourage them to see cultures foreign to themselves as innately superior?
These can quite easily get you started but remember, you have the choice to defend them or object as you see fit.